Finally! Catching up with friends!

A few weeks ago, my dear friend Deanna, who I spent every waking hour with from grade 6 straight through to grade 12 (with a few breaks here and there) finally got our acts together and connected again!


So much can happen in a single decade.  Between the two of us we have 6 children!  If they are anything like us, they will dream big dreams, create loads of fun and exciting adventures for themselves and generally cause a bit of mischief for their mothers.



The best part of the afternoon was when Deanna and I were pushing our daughters on the swings.  While the two of us contemplated the way things turn out, the challenges of parenting, marriage, work and family, our daughters were engaged in their very own conversation.  I was only privy to snippits but I have to say, there has rarely been a moment where I have felt all was right in the world as I did right then.




Between the cries of 'push me higher mom!'  The realization that time may pass us by, but we are creating things like memories for our own daughters right now.  That their memories will be so important to who they will become one day, that as cliche as it all seems, the circle of life really is just that, a circle.  If we are lucky enough, that circle leads us right back to the places and the people that mean the most to us.  The ones that, even after a whole decade of being a part, we can still fill an afternoon with chatter and giggling and sharing. 

 I should add, our sons got along really well, too.  In fact, we didn't even have much of a warm up period with them!  Suddenly, they were just off playing and getting dirty (some of them didn't care, others were not impressed with the MUD!)  But I think they had fun anyway!
 I really couldn't get enough of these blue eyes, the fair skin and the absolutely amazing locks this gal sports!  Beautiful!!  Every time I have seen her mom post images of her, I had to restrain myself from BEGGING her to let me chase her around with my camera.  Lucky me!  I got the chance without even getting down on my knees! :)

 Just a couple of dirty toes...my son would be barefoot all year round if we let him. 


Thanks for stopping in!  Hope you have a second to connect with someone who helped shape you into the person you are today very soon.

Lee-Ann


Visit me on Facebook   Check out my Web page.

Comments

  1. awww, you are far too sweet Lee-Ann! We really had a wonderful time, me especially. I can't tell you how many times I've said to Stephen, "It was like a decade had just been a couple of days because the conversation picked up just where it left off. Not one moment of 'awkwardness' was to be found." Thanks for taking the time to have us over and I want to do it again really soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment