Thoughts on Printing Your Images || Leamington and Area Children's Photography

I have been doing so much soul searching these days. It's likely because I am watching my children grow into young adults before my eyes. Or maybe it's because the seasons seem to be quicker than I remember them being. Who knows!

One thing that I've been thinking about is how things evolve. Including my photography. When I first started out I had no clue what it took to keep a small business moving and growing. Over time one comes to realize that the actual taking of images is a small, small piece of the business.

There have been many changes to this industry, but my favorite by far is the slow swing back to people wanting prints. Cds are almost obsolete, flash drives get lost in the back of junk drawers, computers crash. I have always maintained that a print on your wall or desktop is the final stage of working with me. An album set on your coffee table, the completion of my job.  I encourage friends and family to print their phone pictures. It's so important.

Recently, my son saw some images from one of his siblings' graduation. He asked me if there were any pictures of him when he was little, he hadn't noticed the STACK of photo albums on the shelf. Needless to say, he spent a good chunk of time slowly looking through images collected over the years of picnics, soccer games, dance parties and family birthdays. He had memories come back to him from before his dad and I got divorced. He felt fulfilled, and validated as an integral part of this household.

Don't get me wrong - I have a very large amount of images to get caught up on printing.  That will be my project during the slow photography season in the coldest months of the year.

Print your family pictures and display them, talk about them, remind yourself of how important your friends and family are. Think about this, a family portrait increases in value over time, as people pass away, grow up, move away.




((I hope my children aren't too annoyed with me that I shared these!!))

Looking forward to working with you  -  and if I have already had the privilege of working with your family - I hope you got those prints up on your walls!! Thank you for allowing me to continue to serve your family. Grateful from the bottom of my heart!

<3 p="">
Lee-Ann

www.gingersnapsyou.ca

Comments